Monday, January 30, 2017

A Coordinate Breakdown: Neverland Lolita's Holy Cross

Today I'll be breaking down my coordinate of Neverland Lolita's Holy Cross JSK in what I believe is the teal colorway. I will not only be discussing accessories, but undergarments as well, and the thinking behind certain pieces.

Here is the coordinate it all it's glory! I apologize for the editing, but I had to hide my sofa!

Okay, let's start with the dress itself. It's (obviously) religion-themed, which actually makes it pretty easy to coordinate. It's also this really nice light teal color, with some darker colors in the print. Again, the colors present make it easier to coordinate, since it uses some bold colors.

For head wear, I have the bonnet that goes with the dress. Now, because this bonnet is actually quite large, my plan was to wear a golden or cream flower headband right in front of the bonnet (so the flowers would be right where the bonnet touches my head). The reason I chose gold or cream is to bring out either the gold accents in the dress, or the cream lace trim.

Now, the blouse. If I had one, a standing-collar short sleeved blouse would, I believe, compliment this dress the best, especially if it was paired with a golden cross necklace of some sort. Because the bodice is quite plain but for the cross, I think that a high collar would help make it more visually interesting. Again, though, I only have two blouses, and neither are standing-collar, so I went with an off-brand blouse with a ruffled boat-neck collar.

Now, the shoes are a nice cream that goes well with the dress, but cream is definitely not the only option. Some matte golden shoes would also go really well with this dress, and honestly, I think gold shoes would look better, and then you could wear cream tights (cream shoes and tights are a weird combination). But again, I have no golden shoes, so cream it is.

Regarding legwear, I went with some cream, semi-opaque tights (that look white in the photo for some reason), but again, that concentration of cream wasn't ideal.

Over the dress is a vintage white peignoir. Now yes, the peignoir is white, and the dress has cream lace. However, the peignoir's lace trim is also cream (due to age), and the peignoir itself is translucent enough that it works with the dress. I felt that the peignoir invoked a sort of ethereal, angelic feel, something I wanted to draw out since the dress features church windows, and I often see angels on said windows.

Under the dress is one bell-shaped Classical Puppets petticoat, with another petticoat from leg avenue under that. I truly feel like this dress can be made to be more a-line, or more bell-shaped, and I love that flexibility. Honestly I would go with a-line, but I was curious to see it with a bell-shaped petti-and I liked it!

So, that's the breakdown of the coordinate. I hope you enjoyed me tearing apart my own outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it civil!